Sample Letter of Intent to Homeschool
Here is a sample letter of intent to homeschool…
BEGIN SAMPLE LETTER
Homeschooler Family Homeschool
123 Fake Street
Anytown, State 12345
To Whom It May Concern,
This is to inform you that we are homeschooling our children Holly Homeschooler and Henry Homeschooler effective immediately.
Our family homeschool action plan is as follows:
- We will teach appropriate subjects for each child’s age.
- Our educational schedule will be established to facilitate effective daily learning for our children.
- Our curriculum will consist of a variety of materials which may include, but is not limited to; Tutors, Videos, Books, Projects, Field Trips, Private Instruction, and Internships.
- Evaluation will take place at appropriate times as determined by us.
- As parents we are competent to guide and facilitate our children’s education.
Harriet Homeschooler, Principle, Homeschooler Family Homeschool
Harold Homeschooler, Principle, Homeschooler Family Homeschool
END SAMPLE LETTER
I wrote this article to offer good advice based on my successful experience, but I’m not a lawyer, so contact one if need be, but don’t worry, sending in this letter is no big deal.
In some states your are required to submit a letter of intent to home school. Above you will find a sample letter you can use as a starting point for your letter.
Just be sure to change the names and address.
Homeschooling is legal in all 50 states.
As parents you have the legal right to home school, you don’t need permission.
When dealing with the government just be polite, yet firm.
When you home school, the parent(s) are the principle. So your diploma will say, “Smith Family Homeschool”, for example.
A few notes on the letter:
I keep it short and sweet. When dealing with the government less is more.
If you have any questions please contact us anytime.